Water Damage Cleaning and Restoration
When it comes to water damage, you need two things, fast action and the correct action. Advanced Cleaning & Restoration technicians are IICRC certified in Water Damage Restoration and Applied Microbial Remediation. They will determine whether building materials and contents can be disinfected, cleaned, dried, and restored, or whether they will require removal and disposal.
Our goal is to minimize damage by removing only the building materials and contents that can’t be cleaned or restored and drying everything salvageable in place. As always, we will work with the homeowner and insurance adjuster to determine the necessary scope of work.
Water Damage Restoration Process
Water damages are categorized three different ways, depending on the amount of contaminants.
- Category 1: Clean water that does not pose a substantial health risk to humans
- Category 2: Significantly contaminated water that may pose a health risk to humans if contacted or ingested
- Category 3: Water containing pathogens and toxins that pose a substantial health risk to humans
Water damage is also assessed based on the size, scope, and amount of water absorption into various materials. Here are two examples:
- Standing water on a concrete floor in the basement—this requires extracting, disinfecting, and (minimal) drying.
- Pipe break on the second level of a building—this can cause significant water absorption in building materials and contents, on multiple levels. Depending on the category of water and the class of damage, the building materials in this type of situation could be dried in place or could require removal.
Our technicians are certified in Water Damage Restoration and Applied Microbial Remediation. They will determine whether building materials/contents can be disinfected, cleaned, dried and restored, or whether they’ll require removal and disposal.
Our goal is to minimize damage by removing only the building materials/contents that can’t be cleaned or restored, and drying everything salvageable in place. As always, we’ll work with the homeowner and insurance adjuster to determine the necessary scope of work.
Our Water Damage Restoration Services include:
- Removal of standing water via pumps
- Removal of solid waste and sewage
- Extraction of surface water from hard surface floors & carpeting
- Relocation of contents to unaffected area(s) of the building, or to our warehouse for temporary storage
- Removal of non-salvageable building materials including ceilings, walls, laminate flooring, inlaid flooring, hardwood flooring, carpet & pad, tile flooring, countertops, cabinets and fixtures
- Disinfection and application of antimicrobial agents to salvageable surfaces
- Sorting, recording, photo-documenting and bagging all non-salvageable contents for disposal
- Cleaning, drying and packing of undamaged contents
- Removal of debris to dumpsters supplied by us, or to containers located at our warehouse
- Carpet drying, reinstallation, and cleaning
- Structure drying via dehumidifiers and air movers
- Hardwood floor drying using the latest state-of-the-art equipment
- Wall cavity and ceiling cavity drying
- Pressure washing of concrete and structure framing
- Cleaning and disinfecting of heating and AC ductwork
- Removal and replacement of damaged duct insulation
- Oriental and area rug drying and cleaning
- Garment cleaning